Jan de Grave / Director - Communications.
The Brewers of Europe congratulates new Chairman of the European Beer Consumers Union
The Brewers of Europe wishes to congratulate Henri Reuchlin on being elected the new chairman of the European Beer Consumers Union (EBCU).
Responding to Mr Reuchlin’s election, Pierre-Olivier Bergeron, Secretary General of The Brewers of Europe, said: “We welcome a strong and united EBCU that gives a real voice to the beer consumer in Europe.”
With are an estimated forty thousand beer brands and over a hundred different beer styles, European beer and brewing expertise is exported the world over.
“With the enthusiasm that Mr Reuchlin brings to the job and the right support to the thousands of breweries operating across the EU, we will, in Mr Reuchlin’s words, make sure our beer culture continues to thrive,” Bergeron added.
Did you know?
- Beer is brewed in all 27 EU Member States
- There are over 3,500 breweries across the EU
- There are around 40,000 different beers in Europe
- There are an estimated 130 different beer styles
- Beer provides over €50bn each year in revenue to EU governments
- Beer creates over 2 million jobs in the EU
Senior Advisor - Beer & Society and Communications
The Brewers of Europe
23-25 Rue Caroly
Tel: +32 (0)2 551 1810